Wednesday 2 November 2011

CHALLENGE 1


If you had the gift of telepathy, the ability to read other people’s minds, would you use this gift or not? Explain. (Middle East Technical University/93)

If I had the ability to read other peoples mind, I would not want to use my talent for any purpose. I do not have the gift of telepathy at the moment and my life is not bad. I can live without knowing what other people think quite peacefully. Yes, I understand it would make life a little easier, but what is the point when there will be no challenges to face and you’ll know what others think and know and will do next. Life would not be as exciting as it is without the ability to know what goes on in other peoples minds. I would know how to react to my teachers, my friends and family and strangers. I would not actually learn anything as I wouldn't make any mistakes in other peoples eyes. And in the process I would lose myself somewhere. I doubt if I would be myself because i would just do what others think I should and not what I want to. I would be conscious of myself the entire time. I am happy with not knowing what others think about me, and in any case, it does not matter to me.

It would be great if I encountered a terrorist and read his mind and saved the world but I truly believe that what is meant to happen will happen and that nothing can change destiny. If not him, some other terrorist would attack or maybe a natural disaster would occur. And on top of that, knowing what others thoughts and worries are adds on to our owns which I don’t think anyone would like. And I don’t think I myself would want anyone to be able to read my mind so why should I want to read other people’s mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment