Thursday 3 November 2011


CHALLENGE 2
  1. If you could hold a conversation with someone (living or deceased) you consider significant, whom would you talk to and what would you talk about? Describe your conversation. (University of Oregon)
If I could hold a conversation with someone who is not alive, I would love to have a conversation with my grandfather, who I have never met. It would be a very significant conversation for me as I have never gotten the chance to know him and I have so much to ask and tell him. I have heard so much about him from my mother and grandmother that it really makes me want to spend some time with him.

I would tell him everything I could think of which happened in my life. I would want him to know everything that has ever happened to me. I would tell him about all my friends and the things we do, about my holidays with Mom, Dad and my sister, my love for music, my dreams in life and anything or everything that comes to my mind. And I believe he would listen to me patiently like all grandparents. He might also give me some good advice on what I can do with my life with the skills I have as he was a successful person himself. I would ask him questions about his childhood, his business, how my grandmother and him met, though I have asked my grandmother about it, I would still want to know his point of view and his experiences in life.

It would be a simply conversation from others point but an interesting one for me. Surely a little long, but a very special one. I would remember it for the rest of my life and keep it close to my heart and go back to it all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment